Skip to main content

Message For Teen Ministry Night in Guatemala

A couple of times in this message I mention something called the Identity in Jesus sheet it has been scanned and will also be posted on my blog page for you to read as I mention it in the message. It was a page given to me by some of the administrators at my high school when I was in the 11th grade. I am now about to enter the 15th grade (junior year of college) and I still have this sheet. I keep it with me and I look at the things on the sheet that Christ sees me as. I printed it out in Spanish and gave it to some of the people in Guatemala. I can’t very well do that for you, but feel free to print it out for yourself and put it somewhere where you can see it and it will remind you what your true Identity is.


I’m here to give you a little more insight on who you are to God (hopefully I do that). More than the fact that you are a human and not a cat or a dog and that you’re a boy or a girl and not a plant there are characteristics of who you are.
Think about a few names people would use to describe you or you would use to describe yourself good and bad.


Personally, I’ve been called: short, tiny, surprisingly loud for my size, annoying, small, and I think I’m noticing a theme here.

What other people say doesn’t define you (though they have been right about me being small). God has more important things to say about who you are.
  • In Jeremiah 31: 3 He calls you loved (read from Identity in Jesus sheet)
    • This is no simple thing to wrap your head around. I struggled to believe this until almost exactly a year ago. When I came to Guatemala and you guys (they) showed me love. There had been a lot happening in my life throughout the past year. It was my first year at college. I had made a lot of friends and started a lot of relationships, both healthy and unhealthy. There were people throughout that year and my life who had taken advantage of me and not been appreciative of all that I had to offer. I kept seeing this as a pattern from a good amount of people who were not “required” to love me (my family), and the sad part was I felt a very conditional love from some of my extended family. This, plus listening to the world at times had built up in me this inability to see and feel how loved I was all the time. I would see it at certain moments or I would feel it sometimes, but I could not feel God’s love every day all the time. Last summer when I came to Guatemala I did not really know what to expect. Everyone in Guatemala opened their hearts and arms and homes to me and I could see just by looking at them that they genuinely and truly loved me. That they truly wanted me and truly appreciated me. No matter what I had done, what I told them, or how I messed up, it did not matter to them, they loved me. Period. It was an unbelievable thing to see and to be able to receive. They truly showed me Christ’s unconditional love. Thanks to them I began my journey on truly feeling loved. I now see and receive it much more freely and let me tell you it is s o l i b e r a t i n g. Having the security of knowing at least one perfect person (God) will love me no matter what and will never leave me. It makes ALL the difference. It makes how anyone else treats me or mistreats me so small. We have the undivided love of the maker of the Universe, y’all. That calls for a happy dance.

In Ephesians 2:10 God calls you His Masterpiece. (read from Identity in Jesus sheet)
    • When an artist paints and creates things he doesn’t call every piece of artwork his masterpiece. He throws some away, or he has them displayed but they aren’t all his masterpiece. Only a select few are called that, the ones that are the most beautiful, most wonderful, and the most valuable to the artist. God does not call everything He created a masterpiece. He calls everything good, but he calls only humans his masterpiece.
    • He is so incredibly proud of how wonderful you are and how intricately He wove you together, which He tells us in Psalm 139:13, that He delights in you (Zephaniah 3:17) and He calls you his masterpiece. His prized work of art.
To Him it does not matter what you’ve done you are made pure (Isaiah 1:18 on the Identity in Jesus sheet) and made new (2 Corinthians 5:17 on the Identity in Jesus sheet) because of this all of the bad and gross things you’ve done in the past that you may think prevents you from Him does not and He still sees you as His work of art, His masterpiece.
  • Since you are so wonderful to Him he desires and longs for a relationship with you. One of the best ways to make and keep up a relationship with Him is through prayer. Prayer is like just talking to God. You do not have to pray to Him only about prayer requests. He wants to know how you're feeling, He wants to be able to hear your thoughts, and your desires, and your "small" concerns throughout the day. God loves you s o m u c h that everything you do is so important to Him. None of the things you go through are "small" He wants, no longs, to hear about it ALL.
    • He wants to be your protector and provider
      • This is why we He tells us to call Him Heavenly Father, because fathers are designed to be the protector and the provider of the household. Reality is sometimes it is hard to comprehend a perfect Father because earthly fathers fall short and sin. Even the most perfect earthly father could never compare to the perfect Heavenly father.
      • If you cannot get past bad connotations attached to father because of your earthly father it is okay. You only need to know that He is your protector and provider if you’ll let Him be.
Overall, God just thinks that you are so cool and so incredible that He wants to be your best friend, have a really strong relationship with you, and talk to you all the time, through prayer. I mean come on, wouldn’t you want to be best friends with everyone who is like the things I’ve talked about? I know I do. So, I’d love to get to know and talk to you my inbox is open. Thank you for listening to a little bit of my story and a little bit of God’s story for you.


You have my heart,

r

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Creed

This I Believe - written in 2015 and true for me today I believe that everyone regardless of age, race, sex, or religion/passion should learn to accept and love one another for who they are. I am a Christian and I have seen my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ shame and mock people who are not the same as they are. That truly breaks my heart. As Christians we are supposed to love and accept everyone as Christ has and that is where some of us have failed. I will take a recent event for example, the legalization of gay marriage. There were and still are Christians everywhere bashing and hating on the government and homosexuals for it. I do not believe that is the proper response. I believe that we should accept and love them for who they are and how they live. How could Christians ever expect to reach more people and expand the kingdom without first showing everyone that we are pleasant, progressive, and loving people? No one would dream of reacting the same way

A Fashion Renovation

              Girls, has this ever happened to you? You’re headed somewhere, say to the mall and you do not want to carry a purse or wallet. “No problem,” you think, “I can just put it in my pockets.” You’re wearing jeans so there should be plenty of space to put stuff in your pockets, right? Wrong . You try and you try to fit things in your pockets, but they’re just too small. You can’t fit anything in there except a few dollars and some change. Your phone kind of fits in your back pocket. So, you end up frustrated and flustered and you begrudgingly carry a purse to the mall. Never again will this be a problem! I have the solution. I am introducing to you: Pocket Pants (patent pending). Pocket Pants are a new kind of jeans for women. Pocket Pants are a jean that has pockets big enough to carry your stuff and they’re fashionable. No longer do you have to suffer through awkward bulky purses. Go hands-free! Order your pair online today! They come in a variety of colors, patterns, bed

Identity in Jesus Sheet

MY IDENTITY IN JESUS BELOVED "l have loved you With an everlasting love: I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." - Jeremiah 313 A CHILD OF GOD "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" - 1 John 3:] DELIGHTED IN "The Cord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he wiil no longer rebuke you, but Will rejoice over you with singing." - Zephaniah 3:17 FORGIVEN "He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed." Peter 2:24 WASHED CLEAN "Though your Sins are like scarlet, they Shali be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be tike wool." - Isaiah 1:18 FREE 'It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burden